Monday, August 19, 2013

In 48 hours I'm headed to Colombia.  As with any trip there is much to get done in advance.  While I like to travel, I can't honestly say that I'm ready to go.  Ready or not I leave on Wednesday morning.  The good news is that it doesn't take much practice or preparation to show children that you care about them.  That's what this trip with Compassion is all about to share the love of Jesus with children in the Barranquilla area of Colombia.  Throughout the trip I'll be sharing stories here on this blog, and also on the radio at WGTS 91.9 FM in the DC area and online at wgts919.com.  If you have questions about the trip or Compassion, feel free to write me on this blog, and I'll respond.  I'm looking forward to sharing with you how you can literally transform a child's life through the work Compassion is doing.

3 comments:

  1. Lord, Please watch over Jerry and the rest of the Compassion team as they head out to be the hands and feet. We thank you for the life of Jerry and the love that you have shining through him. We ask you to bless him and strengthen him as he heads out to do your will. Watch over and keep him until he returns. -Amen
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brian. Your prayers are greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God Bless you and your companions. Travel mercies.

    ReplyDelete